Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bosie Tea Parlor- To Tea or Not to Tea?

Bosie Tea Parlor was another participant in the Bastille Day event on 60th Street.  I was so happy to come across them there because I had not heard of them previously.  After tasting their macarons, the fact that I did not know them sooner was shocking.  Being a coffee/espresso drinker myself, I have yet to pair a macaron with a nice cup of tea.  After tasting their treats, I am looking forward to trying macarons and tea in their shop soon.  Overall, I found the macarons to be soft on the in all the right places and extremely fresh.  Additionally, they had a very good filling to cookie ratio, which I am always excited about!  I love lemon macarons, so I was excited to try their lemon praline flavor.  Additionally, I think I have been on a pistachio kick, so it has been fun comparing the different pistachio flavors and this one was a definite contender.

Lemon Praline- This was not your typical lemon.  It had what seemed to be a lemon curd on the sides with a praline ganache in the center.  It was a delightful mix of refreshing and savory.  The combination was unique for me but felt very special.  The lemon was creamy and pale in color, which differed from the bright color you usually see in a fruit flavored macaron.  I loved how the lemon flavor lingered long after the bites were done.


Pistachio- This macaron had a strong pistachio flavor.  Some pistachio macarons are more subtle while the actual nuttiness of this one really came across.  It was a perfect cross between crumbly and solidly together.  It was just delicious and had my usual favorite; a cracking shell and moist fresh inside.  To top it off, the color in side was such a pretty green inside maintaining its beauty as I ate it.  Yum!!!




Who should go here: This is a great place for a macaron lover to try.  I think a person who particularly likes the tea flavors would appreciate their variety: Jasmine Tea, Darjeeling Tea, and Chai Tea.

I'll definitely be stopping by the shop to try: Bacon & Maple Syrup, Classic Lemon, and Dark Chocolate. 

Bosie Tea Parlor
Twitter: @Bosienyc
10 Morton Street, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment