Sunday, July 13, 2014

Macaron Parlour Patisserie - A Twist on the Classics

I think my mouth just exploded with flavor! I'm not even sure where to start.

I was very glad to come upon this stand at the Bastille Day street celebration on July 13th, 2014. In an attempt to try many different macarons from different bakeries, I walked around buying several from everyone and saving them to savor at home at my leisure. Okay, that was the back story leading up the wonderful moment when I opened up my baggy storing the macarons. I opened it up and the smell of bacon, yes bacon!, filled the air. I know, that's not your first thought when you hear about macarons. Allow me to explain.

I ordered 3 flavors: Party Time, Strawberry and Candied Bacon. 

Strawberry, with white chocolate ganache, was a very refreshing flavor. I loved the pink color inside, revealed after the first bite. The taste of strawberry lingered, which I enjoyed. It was not overly fruity since it was accompanied by the white chocolate. Yum!!  

Party Time is salted milk chocolate with dulce de leche. Unfortunately, being chocolate in the summertime, it did not make it all the way home without getting a little melty. Therefore, a picture was not included. That being said, it was such a fun flavor! The French macaron had different color specks throughout the shell. As for the filling, you taste both flavors equally which was delightful because it wasn't overly salty or overly sweet.  If you love chocolate but are looking to try something new, this is for you!

Candied Bacon with maple cream cheese was shockingly delicious! At first bite, it was a little tricky to eat since there was an actual piece of bacon in it but it was that perfect mix of salty and sweet. As I was eating it, I had wished I saved it for breakfast, imagining how good it would be with coffee in the morning. In fact, I saved half for tomorrow so that I can continue to enjoy it! While the bacon adds fun and flavor to the macaron, my favorite part was the maple cream cheese. 

I found these macarons to definitely be a new twist on the classics. They were a little larger than others which gave me the opportunity to save some and also share some. I thought that they were a bit less delicate then some other macarons, but equally as fresh and soft. 




Who should go here: Anyone interested in a modern twist on classic French macaron with a foodie palette! 

I'll definitely be stopping by the shop to try: Lemon (my personal favorite macaron flavor) and Cheetos.

Macaron Parlour Patisserie
Two Locations:
111 St. Marks Place between 1st Ave & Avenue A in NYC and 560 Columbus Avenue between 87th & 87th Streets



No comments:

Post a Comment