Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My First Time- When was yours??

I can still remember the first time I tried a French Macaron.  I was in Paris with my sisters and my mom.  We had just finished a terrific hike up the Arc de Triomphe and began to make our way down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.  We were doing our usual drop-ins and window shopping when we walked into Publicis Drug Store and began to browse around.  That is when I was struck with the beautiful macarons at a small stand in the store.  It was MACARONS & CHOCOLATS PIERRE HERMÉ PARIS- also known as my heaven on earth. Kelly, my younger sister whom at this point had become quite aware with how much I was dying to try this delectable cookie, and I scrounged up with few Euros we had in our purses.  We had just enough to purchase 4 French macarons, one for each of us.  Kelly and I decided to split ours so that we could at least try two flavors.  From that very first bite, I was in love.  With a single bite of hers, I was hooked!  Je t'aime Paris- I’ll be back one day.



Do you remember your first time??



No comments:

Post a Comment