Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chantilly Patisserie & Epicerie Boulud- Just a Peek!

There were two more notable bakeries who were selling French macarons for Bastille Day that I was able to try: Chantilly Patisserie and Epicerie Boulud.  For them, this was just a small sampling of what they have to offer and I definitely have to head to the bakery to try some again.

Chantilly Patisserie 
Chantilly sold three very mini macarons sold in a bag.  Even though they a small bite they pack a punch with flavor. They had smooth shells, were soft on the inside and were overall plump. The flavors were vanilla, pistachio, and caramel.  Each had a nice almond flavor while the vanilla, with a strong flavor, and pistachio, just soft and delicious, were the highlights for me.

I can't wait to try the bigger ones!


Chantilly Patisserie 
135 Parkway Road, Bronxville, NY 
Twitter: @ChantillyPastry


Epicerie Boulud 
This vanilla marshmallow macaron was festive and beautiful for Bastille Day in its red, white and blue. It was a great preview of what's in store for me at the bakery: soft, fresh and delicious macarons! I loved how the marshmallow and vanilla were in perfect harmony. I tasted both flavors equally. I'm looking forward to trying some of their seasonal macarons in the future!



Epicerie Boulud 
1900 Broadway at 64th Street, New York, NY
Twitter: @EpicerieBoulud


No comments:

Post a Comment