Monday, July 21, 2014

Mad Mac Macarons NYC- Crazy About Them!!

At the Bastille Day celebration, it nice to see founders, and pastry chefs, Florien Bellanger and Ludovic Augendre behind the table, smiling and selling their beautiful macarons.  They specialize in French macarons, madeleines and caneles.
On this day, they were selling the macarons in bags on paired flavors and I was pleased to pick up a bag of classic flavors: chocolate and pistachio.  Note: They freeze amazingly!

Chocolate- This macaron literally melted in my mouth.  It has a slight crunch through shell and is full of silky chocolate ganache.  This macaron has a beautiful chocolate flavor. Sometimes when you eat a chocolate macaron, you can still taste the almond and they are not very chocolaty.  However, this is not that case with this macaron.  It was delicious and I'm so glad I had 2 more to try!

Pistachio- Upon tasting this macaron, I realize that I have been using the word "delicate" too loosely.  This was the most delicate macaron I have tasted recently.  I actually loved that because it felt so special and needed to be handled with care.  I just loved how soft and tender it was.  The amount of pistachio filling was not visually overwhelming but the flavor packed such a punch that it was perfect.








Who should order from here: These are delicious and affordable!  Great for office meetings and parties.  You can also order them and freeze them for yourself!

I'll definitely be placing an order to try: I cannot wait until their Winter Collection! The flavors are pumpkin, cinnamon, earl grey, orange/chocolate, chestnut/whiskey.  I would also want more chocolate!


Mad Mac NYC 
They ship nationwide!
Twitter: @madmacnyc
http://www.madmacnyc.com/

1 comment: