Saturday, August 23, 2014

Voyage Bakery & Cafe at LaGuardia Airport - Worth the Trip?

You check in, take off your shoes to pass through security and walk, what seems like endlessly, to your gate.  If you have traveled by plane, you know the drill.  Sometimes along your trek you're greeted with a welcomed surprise in the terminal.  For me that was Voyage Bakery & Cafe in LaGuardia Airport in New York.

As I approached the bakery, the rainbow of colors reflected in my eyes and I just knew macarons were straight ahead.  On this day, the iZone, or area lined with iPads and places to sit, was not especially crowded.  I found a place to sit off to the right of the cafe and browsed through the menu and added two macarons to my cart:  Nutella and lemon. When they arrived, I was informed that they were all out of lemon and I received passion fruit instead.  Excited and enjoying the experience, I agreed to the swap.  The macarons were $3 each but were actually fairly large in size, so the price was not unreasonable.

Nutella:  This macaron was filled with a nutty ganache.  It's shell was not bumpy, but the cookie part had a thickness to it.  I was so excited for these during my travels that I ate the macaron before remembering to take a picture out it! 

Passion Fruit: (pictured below) This macaron was filled with a passion fruit ganache and was actually extremely sweet.  The filling had a nice smooth texture.  Additionally, it had the right amount of filling for these larger cookies, especially because of how sweet it was.

Overall these macarons were okay.  Like many bakeries selling multiple treats, there's no guarantee that your macarons will be as fresh as you'd hope. It's a gamble but I enjoyed the novelty of the order and its convenience.  


Who should go here: This bakery is good for traveler looking to sit for a bit, charge their device and take a chance on a French treat.  Just browse the case first to make sure they have what you are ordering.  







Voyage Bakery Cafe

LGA - LaGuardia Airport

New York, NY 11371
Terminal C

No comments:

Post a Comment